1. Get a clam shell and paint completely with gesso
2. Find a image that you want to print. Size it on a WORD document to be approximately 5 x7 inches (smaller depending on the shell size). Show teacher and if thumbs up, email to teacher.
3. Print out the image on transfer paper (see teacher). Cut out the image in the shape of the shell but LARGER
4. Soak the paper in water for one minute (paper will curl). Then take it out of water. Peel off a the front edge a little, align it with front edge of the shell, and slowly carefully apply to inside of shell. As the paper goes further towards the top, It might wrinkle a bit or fold a bit. That is ok. Smooth out the paper with your finger or a brush. Here is a reference video:
5. Once dry, paint the back and edge in your desired color. Note any color can be made to be metallic by adding some metallic paint.
6. Final coat front, back and edges with a gloss medium