1. Complete 10 Zentangles. Put the handout reference number next to each.
- Use handout to follow step-by-step instructions
2. Sketch out your idea for larger paper. Include center object/initial and divisions of background space.
3. Transfer your design to larger watercolor paper
1. Use TINTS and SHADES
2. Use Complementary Colors
3. Create 3D Effect
- At least 5 designs of your own, 5 from packet (the ways you combine designs are up to you)
- Paint is mixed (creating tertiary colors and “neutrals” by mixing compliments, lowering intensity by mixing compliments)
- 20-30 delineated spaces around character
- Painted with value (tints and shades)
- Neatness (pencil lines are erased, marker is clean and crisp, paint is clean and evenly painted
- At least 90% water colored